AKC Herding Tests & Trials
June 10-11, 2017
Scarlett’s Mill Farm, Birdsboro, PA
Judges: Louis E. Thompson and Ann Marie Ely
We will be offering 2 tests/trials (one per day), each with the following classes:
- Test: HT, PT
- Trial: A Course Sheep, A Course Ducks, B Course Ducks
This event is open to all eligible AKC breeds, wth preference given to Bearded Collies.
Entries open for Bearded Collies on Tuesday, April 11.
Entries open for all other breeds on Friday, April 28.
Entries received before the appropriate opening date will be returned. The entries will be accepted on a first-received basis.
Important: Entries close at 6 PM EDT on Saturday, May 27. After this date, entries cannot be accepted, changed, or canceled. Drawing for running order will be done at 7 PM on the closing date.
Make your entry checks payable to NCBCC.
Download the Premium List here.
Herding Trial Secretary
1700 Joe Goldsborough Rd.
Smyrna, DE 19977
We are offering the following special attractions after the close of the herding events:
- Saturday, June 10: BCCA Herding Instinct Testing with Ann M. Ely
- Sunday, June 11: AKC Farm Dog Testing with Louis E. Thompson
Note: You must register for these tests before the closing date. Day-of entries will not be accepted.
Download the Registration Form for the tests here.
For more information, contact David Fruehwald at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 966-5001.
Volunteers are the most important part of every successful event! You don’t have to have any special knowledge to do most volunteer tasks, and even first-timers can time and scribe with just a little prep.
We’re offering a Volunteers’ Raffle as an incentive. Come help us and win great stuff that only volunteers can get!
Here are some of the tasks for which we need help:
- Hospitality — answer questions, help people get to the correct places
- Score runners — carry score sheets to the Event Secretary’s table after each run
- Timers — operate a stopwatch
- Scribes — take dictation from the judge onto the score sheets
- Parking help
- Food helpers — set out morning coffee/breakfast and lunch, then pick up the leftovers
- Folks to help set out signs before the start of the event, then remove them afterward